Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Old Biz Card Idea


Well despite my foray into the animation industry with demo reel in completion; still no calls concerning employment. These characters I was looking to put onto the back of my business cards. In a manner like a playing card, a Jack, King and Queen. I didn't feel the card was coming together and I went for a simpler idea.

I did not correct or 'even' out the tone in my picture in Photoshop, and what you are seeing is the quality of my scanner. There are shadows around the edges of the picture. They might even seem a little out of focus. This is because my scanner has edges or a 'ridge' around the glass that lifts anything larger than scanner size (8.5" x 11.5") thus creating shadows and out of focus material.

This is why I would never like to scan my animation, let alone it takes a loooonnnng time to do something like that. My friend Chris Peters has done that and corrected and coloured every frame in photoshop. Poor soul. (http://chrisimation.blogspot.com/) Also, animation paper is bigger than 8.5" x 11.5".

No comments: