Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Old Drawing


This was done slightly before my break. After I worked on it I tucked it away for a while, now I pulled it up again I can spot billions of mistakes about it. One is I didn't use definitive lines and my knowledge of anatomy too well, when I could have. Also, I just read, "The Children of Hurin" by J.R.R. and Christopher Tolkien. Man I love that book, it's a literary delight. It's very unlike modern fantasies that I find lack the core fundamentals of solid story and a heavy theme. So rich yet cryptic when deciphering all of it's meanings. I wish I was everything so I could write, illustrate and publish my own books and such. So far i have two definite stories/novels I would like to work on when I am out of art school (including illustrating them, like a picture novel. Again, like the novel Children of Hurin.)

No comments: