Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Jolly Good News!

Well I have good news, and, well I don't know, other news I s'pose. First off. That wulfen character (said character:Wulfen) I will have the option of texturing and rendering him for an assignment! Well, in our advanced lighting and texturing class our teacher told us today that we will be given an open final project that we will have to complete using understood techniques and magickery from the CG (computer generated) world. I am excited because quite a few options ran through my mind of what to do. Then I realized I had an excellent character to place in an environment of my desire. Huzzah! So I don't have to wait till I am graduated to texture/light my character, I can do it on school time! Whew. Oookay, enthusiasm has recessed a little.

What next... hmmm, I've turned to doing some freelance work for a few extra buckaroos. Maybe an animated short. Which would be nice.

Also, me and my new parish priest are getting along fabulously. Not to say that the previous priest was bad or anything, it's just me and Fr. Mark just step off on the right foot. He told me he chaplained at a military base which is cool, seeing as I've spent the majority of my time in cadets. Not only that, he's new to the big city. Seeing as I am a noob at almost every endeavor, I believe I retain that "new-to-the-big-city" aura around me. I also like to come up with questions for him to answer as he answers them really well for me. So we both have a few similarities. Really cool guy.

Last subject, I need to post a picture, or this is a terribly boring art blog. Boo.. So here's some random pictures I leave around for days like this. These are from my first semester of entering art school:

1 comment:

chris.K said...

hey, thanks for the comment on my blog. pretty cool stuff here too. i like the gorillas pose here