Monday, June 4, 2007

promises of challenge

Hmmmm, I've entertained a notion to challenge my expertise of that an artist and experimenter (please entertain the fact I am still a student however :p). Every post I place, I have to out due or match in quality. I only entertained this because in practice, it doesn't make for a very engrossing blog. Like a story without conflict, it leaves it uninteresting. You only see my successes in design, animation, and 3D. However, I won't publish doodles that aren't even worthy of surfacing in a toddlers sketchbook. Just the ones I want to share. So the main motivation behind this post was simply to not miss a weekly (though erratic) post. If I want this SOB blog filled with content, I have to be vigilant and do so continuously. So this first one is Thulsa Doom from Conan by Robert E. Howard's Conan books. Following is Conan himself. Sometime I will have some Conan animations shortly. I already have two, but you know, I'm a shy guy. Next is an African descent man drawn in blue pencil. After that is a generic warrior swinging his sword around. Most of these, I try not to dwell too long on them. I try the hardest to draw something that someone can understand in the simplest of terms without having to undergo hours of rendering a drawing or colouring. If I can't make someone understand a 2 minute drawing, then why bother spending hours on it? Those are the things that don't get published from my sketchbook. The failings...









No comments: